• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any good beer in Florida?

john b

I'll be going to Disney World in a few months, and I'd like to sample the local beers. Any suggestions? How is the beer at the brewpub in Disney World (at the Boardwalk)?

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

I'll be going to Disney World in a few months, and I'd like to sample the local beers. Any suggestions? How is the beer at the brewpub in Disney World (at the Boardwalk)?

O, you poor bastard. I thought there was a Flying Fish brewpub at Disney World or Universal or Epcot, but I fear that may be the best you'll do.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Gotta agree with RP, unfortunately... In comparison to what you're used to up there, the answer to your question would be no, there is no good beer in FL (especially Orlando and the attractions areas). :sad:

Edited by Susan in FL (log)

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

I'll be going to Disney World in a few months, and I'd like to sample the local beers.  Any suggestions?  How is the beer at the brewpub in Disney World (at the Boardwalk)?

O, you poor bastard. I thought there was a Flying Fish brewpub at Disney World or Universal or Epcot, but I fear that may be the best you'll do.

There's a Flying Fish restaurant, and I think they might carry one of FF's beers.

I'm looking for something I can put in the fridge (we'll be in a condo) for after the kids are in bed. Oh well...

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

Gotta agree with RP, unfortunately... In comparison to what you're used to up there, the answer to your question would be no, there is no good beer in FL (especially Orlando and the attractions areas). :sad:

Sue, speaking of good beer in Florida, I talked to Sam from Dogfish Head at last night's Lupilin Slam imperial IPA tasting in DC. DFH is coming to Florida. Whether or not you'll be able to get it is another story.

Sue, speaking of good beer in Florida, I talked to Sam from Dogfish Head at last night's Lupilin Slam imperial IPA tasting in DC. DFH is coming to Florida. Whether or not you'll be able to get it is another story.

YESSS! That is great news, Lloyd! I'll drive wherever within FL, if a full selection of his offerings will be available. Thank you for being the bearer of such good news.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Yeah LJD - thanks for the great news!! I have yet to try this beer and have been wanting to for a very long time!

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.

-- Aristophanes (450 BC - 388 BC)