• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Wang Center for the Performing Arts

Geebs

My wife and I are going to the Wang tonight. We were hoping to get some suggestions as to where we should eat after the show? We don't have much money to spend so we are looking for something inexpensive. We will also be very hungry since we will not have time to eat before the show so we would like something that is quick as well. Any ideas? Thanks!

Eat with your eyes as much as your mouth. Check out my photography here.

Pho Pasteur or one of the other Pho places right near it are fast, cheap and good.

Jacob Wirth's (German and bar food) is a fun place. Good beer selection. The food is voluminous though nothing to write home about.

Penang is a good, different kind of place (Malaysian food). It's right across from Pho Pasteur. I can't recall if it was particularly fast or cheap, but I know it wasn't slow and expensive. :biggrin:

I hope this helps. Have fun.

Thanks for the suggestions nigwino. We tried to go to Pho Pasteur, but they are closed on Mondays. We will have to go back on another night sometime. We ended up going to Rockbottom right across the street. By the time we got there they only had a bar menu so I got a cheeseburger which was ok, but not great. It had a lot of salty seasonings on it so I couldn't even taste the beef. The beer there is quite good though. I got the liquid happiness which was a high alcohol ale I believe. Very tasty.

PF Chang's is pretty good, and reasonably close, for next time. I might also venture a tiny bit further and try JerNe, Teatro, and Vinalia (we ate there Friday and it was very good and the entrees were under $20)

I had actually wanted to go to PF Changs, but my wife was not in the mood for Chinese. Thanks for your other suggestions as well. Next time we are in town we will have to check those out :)