• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lieto Italia, New Milford

shugga

We ate here last night and we will be stopping back the entree was very good. I had salmon with shitaki mushrooms and diced tomatoes in a white wine sauce, very tasty. DH had a shrimp diavalo over linguini. He cleaned his plate. The only downside was the house salad that comes with all entrees. It was cold iceberg lettuce with 2 slices of plum tomato. Very uninspired.

They were very nice about substituting a veggie for the pasta for me. And the cappuchino was very good.

We didn't have any soup or appetizers.

Oh, it's a BYOB.

Lieto Italia

203 Main Street

New Milford, Nj

201-265-0515

Open 7 days, serves lunch and dinner.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde

Apparently it means "Joyful", although the web translation sites I tried wouldn't acknowledge that (I found it by Google). It also appears to be a surname on occasion. It's also the name of part of Finland, which I doubt applies here. :smile:

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Thanks, shugga, for a review of this place, I pass it by every day. I hope someone gives a review of the new Intermezzo in Dumont as well, the place looks really nice from the outside...

It also seems that this place started with the name "Bella Italia" and then changed all the signs after 1 month. Possibly some infringement of a name involved? Could you also give us an idea of the ambience of this place, the service, and how busy it was. Thanks!

There is very little ambience. It is a large room with mostly tables for 4 or 2, a few larger round tables around the edges. The walls are bare.

They do have a smaller room as you walk in, but it was empty when we went in, about 6:30, and still empty when we left at 8:30.

It was fairly full at about 8:30.

I asked about parties and they said they could handle about 75 people.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde