• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pictures from Pastry School

nightscotsman

Half of what the students make in their teams of two goes to the school for charity events school events, etc. The other half goes to the students to split.

If my first few days are any indication, yes, some does get eaten by students. :)

--adoxograph

Half of what the students make in their teams of two goes to the school for charity events school events, etc. The other half goes to the students to split.

If my first few days are any indication, yes, some does get eaten by students. :)

Oooh, wait until you get to ice creams. :biggrin: Be sure to get a bunch of quart containers to pack it in and an insulated carrier of some kind to take it home. And I hope your family and/or friends like mousse cakes.

Congratulations on your success. You are indeed a superstar pastry chef.

If you end up in Vegas I will be would love to meet you in person to talk more indepth about your experience. My husband and I will be travelling to Vegas end of next month for a little fun in the sun. So be sure to let me know.

There is not such a school here in Cleveland or at least I am unaware of it because I would love to take a course such as this, however I work fulltime already and don't know where I would find the time.

No that I just wrote that I must say that the Viking Culinary school opened here last Fall and has a Pastry Chef certification program but there again doesn't work with my current schedule. Unless of course my hubby would be a dear and let me work part-time :laugh: Do you think? Highly unlikely.

The pictures are great too, I am not very good at taking pictures yet with my digital, I never seem to get close enough for whatever the reason but I try.

Again congrats and I look forward to hearing about your continued success.

So I read the Vegas part late, congrats on the position and perhaps we can meet up with you when we're there if you have time. We will be there August 31 - Sept 3rd. Probably staying at Aladdin. Let me know if you are interested in a cup of coffee or lunch.

Edited by celenes (log)

Believe, Laugh, Love

Lydia (aka celenes)

• 6 years later...