• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Single Favorite Food

Kim WB

Bread.

Bread, bread, bread, bread, bread.

Soft rippable tandoor nans; tangy sourdough; knobbly multigrain; Norlander Rye; banana bread; walnut bread; soft almost damp Warbutons Toasty; ah the list goes on...

Jeffrey Steingarten correctly identified that there are two types of people in the world; those who could live on bread alone, and those who could not. I'm the former, and anyone in the other camp is just plain wrong and possibly mentally unhinged.

Cheers

Thom

It's all true... I admit to being the MD of Holden Media, organisers of the Northern Restaurant and Bar exhibition, the Northern Hospitality Awards and other Northern based events too numerous to mention.

I don't post here as frequently as I once did, but to hear me regularly rambling on about bollocks - much of it food and restaurant-related - in a bite-size fashion then add me on twitter as "thomhetheringto".

PIE!!!!!

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!