• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Bourdain Tribe

Stone

It's funny how many of the posts to this thread, unintentionally I hope, actually go beyond snobbishness into the territory of censorship, which I suspect many of those same authors would strenuously object to were it implied in the provisions of the Patriot Act?

SB (likes the number 38.50)

The adored-one-in-question could then promptly throw our letters away and forget about us.

HELLOOOOOO!!!! Apparently you were not a member of the Donny Osmond Fan Club. He actually send a photo, signed, to all letter writers. It was a black and white, but his signature was in purple, whcih all of us TRUE fan clubbers knew to be his favorite color! I was President of the NJ fan club for a while..I actually got two purple inked Donny pens, Donny stickers, and a full color poster. The sticers were little hearts, with his face in the middle, and....I can go on...but I won't! :wub::wub::wub:

(Edited to add the obvious: The former president of the NJ fan club for Donny Osmond ( albiet 38 years ago) is probably not a candidate to join the AB fan club! :laugh: )

Edited by Kim WB (log)

So where is Tony? It's not like him to stay away. Did he get a trip to the pricipal's office and a 30 day suspension for his Bayless comment or is he just busy? Hmmm, I wonder...miss your input, Dude! :cool:

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

So where is Tony? It's not like him to stay away. Did he get a trip to the pricipal's office and a 30 day suspension for his Bayless comment or is he just busy? Hmmm, I wonder...miss your input, Dude! :cool:

Hopefully he's getting that scimitar ready :biggrin:

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

I'm still looking for that homepage with the super hero in tights with the egullet thong and apron turned around as a cape! :laugh:

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

I think I've found another money-making opportunity for him if this topic is indication: Tony Bourdain Calendar -- A Man and His Knife. Various knives (I know, I know, I'm sure they'd have to be big ones) could keep the calendar PG-13. Hell, Chad might even buy it just for the knives. And it sounds like about every woman on these boards would buy two. He could wear a hat in every picture representing one of his travels to attract the Village People crowd to the calendar as well.

:wub: Ronnie, we still love you!  Having seen your site, the difference between them is that yours, while genuinely admiring Bourdain, really maintains a sense of humor and perspective about the whole thing.  This one goes over the edge into "rabid" fan territory.

Maybe I am just not seeing what you're referring to. :sad: All I see when I click the link in the first post is a page that basically has a message board about Tony with about 4 posts on it. Point me to the rabid part, please? Some of y'all are going off the deep end dissing a fan based web board? Talk about getting a life, eh? :rolleyes::raz::rolleyes:

o.k. I stand corrected... sorry. Recanting "rabid".

I guess I was looking at the member profiles instead of the actual board itself. You have to admit, some of them are pretty out there.

And you are right I need a life! :biggrin: I think the "it's January in Wisconsin" cabin fever has gotten to me.

What's wrong with peanut butter and mustard? What else is a guy supposed to do when we are out of jelly?

-Dad

If I had the time to dig back into some old threads, I could find extremely explicit posts from women detailing exactly how they'd like to , er, cuddle up to Bourdain.

Uh, I'll go out on a limb here and say it's not just women who want to polish his scimitar, if you know what I mean and I think you do.