• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bangkok Grill

tommy

• 1 month later...

i found myself in "jackensack" today and figured i'd take one for the team.

pad thai was ketchupy and gloppy. not my favorite style by far, but i suppose some people might like it.

tom yum koong was really good.

crispy duck with tamarind sauce was a bit sweet as one might imagine. duck could have been crispier, but it was pretty good. i think the sauce killed some of the crispness, although the fat layer wasn't anywhere near completely rendered, and rendered is my preference.

pad woonsen was not the cold acidic bean thread noodle salad i was expecting, but rather a hot dish with chicken and veggies. not a bad dish overall, but it took me my surprise.

the place is attractive for a thai place in a strip mall. however, there was a pretty nasty odor when we walked in (and i imagine it stayed). smelled like, well, it smelled like pee.

2 cokes and a tea and the bill was about 39 before tip.

BYO.

however, there was a pretty nasty odor when we walked in (and i imagine it stayed). smelled like, well, it smelled like pee.

Wow, that takes a lot of fortitute (or is it craziness) to dine while inhaling this odor. Hope your lunch digested well......

I admire your efforts here! Thanx for the report!

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845