• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Moto Restaurant - Chicago

inventolux

Future Food - our new television show airing 3/30 @ 9pm cst:

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/future-food/

Hope you enjoy the show! Homaro Cantu

Chef/Owner of Moto Restaurant

www.motorestaurant.com

Yet another great reason to get to Chicago. Good luck and best wishes! It looks like an incredible menu.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

The very best to you (and Hobbes) in your new venture. I know it's been a long road getting there.

Thanks maggiethecat,

All the credit should go to InventoLux. With his drive, determination and passion he has brought together a small team of cooks that not only work together well but are able to push the envelope of Moto's cuisine. I enjoy every minute at Moto and can not stress enough how mind opening it is to work under InventoLux as my chef.

And as Invento said it would be great to see all of you al Moto.

Hobbes

Congratulations and best of luck, invento.

The menu (on the website) looks very interesting.

"herbacious utensils" :laugh::laugh:

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Forbidden rice - I've had this brand too - good stuff.

Thanks, loufood. I have had black rice but apparently not Forbidden Rice.

I plan to scope out the Moto building this weekend. eG Chicago: shall we save our pennies and try to arrange an evening? :hmmm:

Noise is music. All else is food.

I have a reservation tonight at moto, I will post an extensive review of my experience. My wife and I will be ordering the 18 course menu. I called up and they said they are waiting for their liquor liscence and for a short time they will be byob. By the way, its good to meet all of you, I have been anxiously waiting to post and chat - nite rider