• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yuck!

bloviatrix

in no particular order:

bad oyster (cooked)

natto (fermented soy beans)

durian ice cream at spice market and durian cream dessert at 5 Ninth (the stuff's so strong it would repeat for a couple of DAYS). i would still probably try the fruit though. i think

anything served at the chinese fast food counter at the honolulu airport

Alcohol is a misunderstood vitamin.

P.G. Wodehouse

I buy any vanilla-y ice cream flavor for the cat, Arielle, and if I get him a half vanilla, half chocolate one, he'll lick the entire vanilla side down to to point where he starts to be able to taste the chocolate side coming through, and then he stops. I guess he thinks chocolate tastes icky.

I tried to take a picture of him licking the pop one day, because I thought it would be a really neat thing to show, but it was very hard to hit the shutter at exactly the second that he has his tongue out, touching the pop.

Do you think that the fact that I spend time feeding my cat lollipops and trying to photograph him eating them indicates that I've got a little too much time on my hands? :wink:

Anything that Amy's Organic makes.. That stuff tastes so horrid as well as being so filled with unnecissary calories.

Also does stuff being forced to eat while pledging count.. Because if so, a Vanilla tuna milkshake with a shot of vodka that was microwaved definately is my biggest yuck.

• 3 weeks later...
I buy any vanilla-y ice cream flavor for the cat, Arielle, and if I get him a half vanilla, half chocolate one, he'll lick the entire vanilla side down to to point where he starts to be able to taste the chocolate side coming through, and then he stops. I guess he thinks chocolate tastes icky.

I tried to take a picture of him licking the pop one day, because I thought it would be a really neat thing to show, but it was very hard to hit the shutter at exactly the second that he has his tongue out, touching the pop.

Do you think that the fact that I spend time feeding my cat lollipops and trying to photograph him eating them indicates that I've got a little too much time on my hands?  :wink:

Not at all!

Plus, I want to take photos of my baby (we have two: she's only 18 mths but uor big boy is nearly 5!) because she eats her kibble with her hands! :laugh: I kid you not - she picks up the kibble one piece at a time and eats it from her paws! She's right-handed, but sometimes uses her left paw if she's about to drop it! :biggrin:

Vanilla..hmm...every morning when I finish my museli, the two of them fight over licking the bowl, but only when it's natural yoghurt that I've used, if it's vanilla they won't touch it!? Go figure......

Forget the house, forget the children. I want custody of the red and access to the port once a month.

KEVIN CHILDS.

Doesn't play well with others.

Now, I realize this isn't precisely "food" but then if someone can talk contrast dye I can surely mention Glu-Cola. This is something the endocrinologist made me down when I was having a blood-sugar test. Imagine Coke with an extra 4 pounds of sugar in the can. The add some corn syrup. And perhaps a little baker's glucose. Drop in some of that lump sugar that comes with coffee service sometimes. Mix it well.

Then sip, because the rules are you can't chug. The sit with the aftertaste glued to your tongue, right along with your teeth. Mention that maybe the endocrinologist might like a bottle of it himself. Suggest that he write a letter to your dentist, explanation the sudden sugar-induced destruction of the work you just had done, and what remained of your actual teeth.

Shudder!!!

Yes. And it's invariably FLAT. So it's like this thick, viscous liquid that is also never actually cold, but sort of room temperature. The first time they made me drink it, I about puked it right back up. Had to seriously fight the gag reflex. The nurse just looked at me knowingly and said, "That's a common reaction."