• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What goes better with brownies than . . .

Chad

The county where I live, Snohomish county, just north of Seattle, has recently been devoting a great deal of effort to persuading NASCAR to build a racetrack here. From the articles in the local paper, it would apparently have a significant economic impact. To date, NASCAR has not been particularly enthused; one of the reasons is that there is no other NASCAR racetrack for several hundred miles, so the drivers and officials would be coming a long distance out of their way. But the county remains hopeful, particularly if another NASCAR track could be built elsewhere in the Pacific Northwest.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

One of these days, we plan to do a twofer-trip. It will involve good seats for the Sears Point/Infineon race, and a lunch or dinner at a little place about 20mi. down the road from the track called the French Laundry. :biggrin:

There might not be a lot of folks doing both, but I'd be willing to bet the cost of dinner we won't be the only ones. The demographic ain't what it used to be.

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

Sears Point in CA (don't think there are any good wineries there)  :rolleyes:

Ahem - it is now known as Infineon.

And I hope you are being facetious about the winery crack! :unsure:

Yes, Carolyn. Very facetious. Hence the smilie. :rolleyes:

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

They may not be as sophisticated about food as this group, but they are great athletes and in my opinion the races very entertaining and amazingly strategic!  I can't understand why anybody would hate NASCAR, just ignore it if you don't like it.

"May not be as sophisticated" is perhaps a gross understatement, but stock car racing fans do love their food!

Visit any stock car race track, in particular a local dirt "bullring", but its also appropriate to the beautiful facilities at Daytona, Talledega, Texas, etc, and you'll see proportionally more "super-sized" people than anywhere other than Wal-Mart at three in the morning.

It's no accident that the weight loss product Stacker 2 is one of racing biggest new sponsors.

SB (apologizes for all the obvious puns. It just came out that way)