• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Grilling Fish

tommy

any chance of having success with a piece of chilean sea bass right on the grill?  i was going to wrap it in foil and throw it on, but i'm thinking if i oil the grill up, i could pull it off (ha!).

does anyone have any experience with this?

any help is appreciated, as i have to start cooking in about 20 minutes!

I've tried grilling fish in my Le Creuset grill pan, and it stck quite badly, so I always pan fry fillets. One of my pet dislikes is whole fish grilled or baked on the bone. I have never had one that wasn't over cooked.

I don't see how it is possible to maintain sufficient control over the cooking process, especially if the fish is stuffed and wrapped in foil then baked in the oven. I did have a fantastic tranche of turbot roasted on the bone, but that wasn't the whole fish. I generally hate steaks of fish cut through the body with the bone in.  

• 6 months later...