• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants in Bogota

Yes it is in Chia about 45min drive (safe) outside of Bogota. It is well worth the trip, I will see if my wife has some photos I can post. We also ate at a brasserie called Balzac in the Zona Rosa and a great Spanish restaurant in the old city but I can't remember the name. Balzac was like eating at Balthazar on Spring St. in NYC; fashionable crowd and pretty good brasserie classics. I highly recommend a quest for Jaiaco (spelling?) the typical Columbian chicken soup.

I have been to the Botero Museum, and yes it is fabulous. Bogotá is my only stop this time, however I do frequent other parts of Colombia (I try to go once every 6 months). The soup that you spoke of is one of my very favorite Colombian dishes, and I love all of the condiments that are served with it: caper, crema, avocado, etc. I am exited to back again, to see family and all the empanadas in the streets.

Cory Barrett

Pastry Chef

• 2 weeks later...

We've been to isla del rosario... seeing these photo's makes me nastalgic. We didn't have the lobster there, i have to admit your lunch looks better than ours did. We went diving and had fish with coconut rice and all the rest of the goodies. Leaving tomarrow, will tell you all about it when i come back. Thanks for the input

choa!

Cory Barrett

Pastry Chef

• 2 weeks later...

Made it back... Bogota was wonderful as usual. Was very busy there the whole time, so i didn't dine out much. I did make it to andres though.... what a party. I love the sancocho at the end, but i don't know that it helped that much... hahaha. Thanks for the tip about the place, it was a blast.

Cory Barrett

Pastry Chef

• 2 years later...

Just down in Columbia and once again had the best time at Andres Carne De Reys. This place is such a party, we ate, drank, danced, drank and drank till 4 am and then made the drive back to bogota. It is almost worth the trip alone.

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering.....

There's a place about 45 minutes drive from the centre that is described as "a shack, with another shack added, and another, and another....and it seats several hundred".

Is this Andres?

Besides Andres, with three nights in Bogota (don't ask) what other two places would be on the must eat?

Plus, what particular dishes are on the "must eat" menu for Columbia?

And, of course, what's on the "must drink" list?

Cheers,

Peter