• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

I used a Bron for 30+ years, replaced the blade a couple of times.  Then I passed it on to another eG member when I bought a new de Buyer that was easier on my aging joints with the horizontal action.

Now I don't use it all because I no longer make candied ginger in 15 pound batches or slice the big bags of Costco onion to make onion confit in huge batches.

And I haven't made pickles in 20 quart batches and etc., etc., etc. 

It lives in its own hard case that holds the extra blades and the regular guard in a large storage bag with an extra long guard, hanging in my storeroom.

I keep meaning to put it on ebay but never seem to get around to it.

Found this. I have more photos but not sure where right now.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 9.28.59 PM copy.jpg

andiesenji

andiesenji

I used a Bron for 30+ years, replaced the blade a couple of times.  Then I passed it on to another eG member when I bought a new de Buyer that was easier on my aging joints with the horizontal action.

Now I don't use it all because I no longer make candied ginger in 15 pound batches or slice the big bags of Costco onion to make onion confit in huge batches.

And I haven't made pickles in 20 quart batches and etc., etc., etc. 

It lives in its own hard case that holds the extra blades and the regular guard in a large storage bag with an extra long guard, hanging in my storeroom.

I keep meaning to put it on ebay but never seem to get around to it.