• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fascino

Lreda

Well...its nearly 10:15pm Friday night and I've still clouds in my coffee from last nights festivities. It was great to put faces to all of the names I've been reading about these last few years.

The food & the wine was yummy! My favorite dish was the rabbit raviolis. Serve up a big bowl next time and I'm a happy man.

I brought a bottle of '99 Salus cab sav, which is produced by the Staglin Family & the Franciscan Sauvage 2000 chardonnay.

On the way home I broke out a Poncho Sanza Cuban torpedo (if there are any cigar smokers amongst us please let me know) which helped me make it home. Needless to say I woke up on the couch at 3am with the TV blasting! Ouch!

See y'all soon on 4/21 at An American Grill. Lou: I'm coming this Monday or Tues for lunch.

Thanks to all for such a great night and a special thank you to our hosts.

Zeman

On the way home I broke out a Poncho Sanza Cuban torpedo (if there are any cigar smokers amongst us please let me know) which helped me make it home

ah, yes. the nicotine high....

i love the smell of pipe tobacco and cigars but can't smoke them myself.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

On the way home I broke out a ........

Yeah, I know, I had to drive. Smooth. :blink:

See ya Monday,( be careful I'm only working lunch, Rock, whatcha doing Monday?)

Tuesday, I'm there all day. Be cool man.

Lou

I just tried to upload photos from imagestation but I've done something wrong. I'll try to fix them and edit this post to include them. It might have to wait till the morning I have to go give Daniel a bottle.

I just tried again. I give up for now. Someone PM me with some ideas. Thanks.

David

Edited by dbrociner (log)

Lou, what was that Riesling that you brought? i'm getting the feeling it's pretty hard to come by these days.

Sorry dude, I missed your question. :blink:

The reisling was Domaine Zind Humbrecht '97 ( Clos Hauserer)

This wine was well rated when I bought it 5 years ago and only have two bottles left. It was a perfect accompinment to the Big-Eye tuna.