• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need a great Rodizo place

bbqbrisket

I'm not a big fan of rodizo as I find the food to be too salty. But here are some places that you might try. Never tried rodizo at these places but maybe someone else can give you more info.

Brasilia 132-A Ferry St. Newark 973-465-1227

Iberia Tavern and Restaurant 82 Ferry ST. Newark 973-344-7603

Seabra’s 21 1034 Mc Carter Highway Newark 201-622-6221

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I was at Seabra's Armory in South Amboy for one of the Dangerous Dining Club events, and the rodizio was quite nice.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I'm looking to go to a Rodizo place that has great meats and lobster and Sangaria,

please provide some suggestions

thanks

Seabra's Mediterranean Manor on Jefferson Street is where we always go. It was also the site of the first NJ eGullet dinner event.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

There ARE a # of places owned by the Seabra family, but I have to say that I was NOT impressed by the one on the corner of McCarter Hwy (Rt 21) and Bridge Street (just diagonal from the Newark Bears stadium); you're likely better off going to one that's in the Ironbound! Just my $.02...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

A lot of Brazilians like Brasilia, as do I. I prefer it to Mediterranean Manor (sorry, Jason and Rachel). There's also a Brasilia Grill, which has parking, but isn't quite as good, I thought.

I also thought that Churrascaria Boi na Brasa 70 Adams St, (Mall dos Brasileiros) was pretty good.

Of course, Churrascaria Plataforma in NYC is really good, but expensive (and not in NJ).

Enjoy!

Sure 132 Ferry St, on the second floor. It's not fancy, but the meats are pretty good.

Parking on the street around there is pretty difficult, of course. However, there's a new-ish parking garage over towards Casa Vasca, on the street parallel to Ferry.

Btw, there's a list of churrascarias (and other Brazilian businesses) at:

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/braziliannews/newjerse

Bom apetite

Sure 132 Ferry St, on the second floor. It's not fancy, but the meats are pretty good.

Parking on the street around there is pretty difficult, of course. However, there's a new-ish parking garage over towards Casa Vasca, on the street parallel to Ferry.

Btw, there's a list of churrascarias (and other Brazilian businesses) at:

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/braziliannews/newjerse

Bom apetite

Ah. See, this is another reason why we like Mediterranean Manor, your're pretty much guaranteed to get parking if you park in the shopping center across the street or in the Manor's parking lot.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 4 weeks later...

I am a huge fan of Iberia, and have had their Rodizo on many occasions, and find it excellent every time. I would agree if you are adverse to salt to stay away, but otherwise top notch.

I consider myself to be a fairly big eater, but I can barely get through one round. The turkey wrapped in bacon is heavenly!

Iberia is also an experience - a great place to go with friends or family. There are 2 of them, across the street from each other, I think the one on the left (the standalone one) has better atmosphere, but the food is equal at both.