• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need suggestions for N. NJ Italian

bp1123

Looking for a place to have a birthday party - on a Sunday, 30 people, looking for Italian food & in the N. NJ area (anywhere from Lyndhurst up to the Wayne area is OK)

Any ideas??

thanks

Should not be hard for you to find-- In NNJ there are probably over 60 "Red Sauce Italians" that could suit your needs. This type of restaurant proliferates here, we have discussed the phenomenon on other threads. Unless you can narrow your criteria a bit?

An Italian place in Northern NJ. That might be tough. Try this... Close your eyes. Swing a dead cat over your head and toss. Chances are it will land in front of an Italian restaurant. :biggrin::raz::biggrin:

To all potential restauraneurs out there...Please don't open another Italian Restaurant!!!!! We don't need another crummy, run of the mill, uncreative, got-no-talent-but-my-friends-like-my-meatballs ristorante. Someone pleeeeeeease open a good restaurant in northern NJ (the folks of Fascino are exempt from this razzing).

Anthony

PS, I meant no disrespect....To cat lovers

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

In Lyndhurst - Vivo on Valley Brook Avenue - just attended two parties recently and the food was awesome and they have a private room for parties.

In Nutley - Papillion on Passaic Avenue across from Capalbo's fruit basket place. They food is wonderful, but, I don't think they have a private room.

In Totowa - Amore on Union Blvd. - just went to party that was catered by them and the food was delicious. I've eaten at their rest. and food was great. Again, not sure about a private room - if that's what you need.

Corso 98, Montclair

Fascino, Montclair

Osteria Giotto, Montclair

Cosmos, Bloomfield

ALL BYO.

bp1123 is planning this party for a Sunday. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Fascino is closed on Sundays?

Fascino will open for a private party on Sundays.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE