• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

When $1,170 is too low a price for a wine

Craig Camp

Mark:

What do you mean, "normal" retail?

Normal retail price equals wholesale price times 1.5. $800 wholesale in a retail store should be $1200. The more common example is the ocean of wine that importers/suppliers/distributors sell for $6.66. Intended retail is - tada!! - $9.99.

I have tasted Montrachet, Domaine de la Romanée Conti (DRC, Michael) many times. It is indeed sublime. Haven't tasted the 2001 yet.

Mark

This is messed up! Should be $1,500.00. Thats exactly 2 of my mortgage payments. For this I get a 3,500 square foot house fashionably close to Vancouver. I can't see myself ever getting a taste of anything from the DRC.

Damn that's only around 1/2 of mine!..For that I get a 52 yr old 3 bed with broken everything next to a freeway!...But I am 4 miles from the Ocean and 15 miles from Downtown L.A. and my commute is only a few mins as opposed to 2 hrs that some of my friends drive!....And there is a great Mexican take out joint right at the beach....Grab

some taco's and watch the sun slowly sink into the ocean.....Yea, its alright..Plus I am wearing shorts today...along with a wicked aloha shirt!

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective