• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

If It Were Your Last Meal on Earth

i fucking *hate* last state-sponsered meals.  we need a thread about that.

well, you click on the new topic button and................................

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

When I was in law school I offered to do a pro bono death penalty appeal if the guy would let me sample his last meal.

Did the defendant consider that there could be a mis-alignment of the attorney's interests with the client's interests under that circumstance? If your appeal succeeeds, he doesn't get a last meal...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I endorse the view that murderers should get more humane treatment in prison if they offer their victims a last meal, and from a proper menu, not just a prix fixe. Good to see everyone thinking outside the envelope for once.

:wacko:

• 4 months later...

My favorite question!

appetizer: steamed clams in white wine and garlic

entree: cheeseburger w/raw onion, NY pepperoni pizza

dessert: cheese-blue and cheddar

drink: Opus One

(hey, I didn't say it would make sense or go well together but heck, it's my last meal!!)

My favorite question!

appetizer: steamed clams in white wine and garlic

entree: cheeseburger w/raw onion, NY pepperoni pizza

dessert: cheese-blue and cheddar

drink: Opus One

(hey, I didn't say it would make sense or go well together but heck, it's my last meal!!)

You acn only choose what the cafeteria will make you.

Appetizers: An array of dim sum including pai gwot(steamed spare ribs), soup dumplings, and yu chi gao(shark's fin dumplings)(It's a chinese cafeteria, Elyse)

Entree: 3 lb Steamed Lobster with drawn butter and

Dungeness Crab with ginger and scallion(I eat a lot)

Side: garlic wasabi mashed potatoes

Dessert: Macedonia that the cafeteria just happened to have shipped in from restaurant G. Ranieri in Rome(the cafeteria supervisor's brother-in-law works there and sends it to him periodically).

:wub::wub:

I'd want something really hard to find. Perhaps a big bowl of deep fried Mongolian wolverine nipples. I could get a whole extra year just waiting for it.....

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

• 4 months later...
I'd want something really hard to find. Perhaps a big bowl of deep fried Mongolian wolverine nipples. I could get a whole extra year just waiting for it.....

:laugh:

How about unicorn tonsils?

Michael aka "Pan"

how about the tasting menu at the French Laundry

Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor. Telling them the obvious accomplishes nothing.

If it were my last meal on earth, I'd try to eat lots of fatty and carb-laden foods, washed down with tequila and then red wine, so that, when they come to get me, I feel so awful that I will welcome death.

(Yes, I've had that experience once or twice: haven't we all..)

A huge melamine bowl of YumPlaMuk. I eat 3/4 and save the rest for last.

A sip of ice tea, a sip of Gusano de Oro, a swig of Singha.

A link of dry czech sausage grilled over white oak with my own BBQ sauce.

A swig of ice-cold Ouzo, a Shiner Bock chase.

A banh mi stuffed with thit nuong and a pound of stilton, doused in nam pla.

A Hennessy and Coke, no ice.

A whole knuckle of ginger, a whole bunch of cilantro.

A tall boy of Bull.

A twinkie.

The rest of the YumPlaMuk.

Now I'm ready to die.

Nam Pla moogle; Please no MacDougall! Always with the frugal...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd eat all food I love but which makes me sick later - say, lobster...........because hey! Not gonna have to pay the price this time! :raz:

I'm a canning clean freak because there's no sorry large enough to cover the, "Oops! I gave you botulism" regrets.

I'd skip the salad, have a steak and a baked potato, and a variety of 20 or 30 pastries and chocolates. Glazed donuts, cream cheese danish, plain old yellow layer cake with buttercream frosting, Kit Kat bars, Twinkies, oatmeal cookies, or whatever they had on hand or were willing to track down. A 12 pack of cold Pepsis and a gallon of cold milk.

And some peanut butter.

Screw it. It's a Butterball.

Foie gras & sauterne

Alaskan king crab & champagne

Real southern fried chicken

toro

fresh chewy naan

Frites

selection of cheese

Fresh shrimp

Prime Rib, Yorkshire pudding & gravy

I could go on, but it would be a very large meal. I'm now starving and unable to work! :angry:

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.