• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

imoya brandy

I'm not familiar with the brand, but I did a search on the Liquor Control Board's Product Search web page and came up with nothing.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Unfortunately our state-run-only liquor stores leave a good bit to be desired. Each store has a slightly different inventory but if its not listed on the website I don't think its available.

Anyone know of a decent mail-order liquor store? There's an Icelandic lichen liquor that I'd like to get another bottle of.

hal

BevMo.com normally carries it but their web site says "currently out of stock"

I just checked SamsWine.com, they have it for $30 a bottle:

http://www.samswine.com/searches/SpiritSea...p?USearch=imoya

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

When I have asked about special orders in the past, the state store employees said that I would have to buy a full case. I was surprised to find that this was the case not just wine, but spirits, too ...and that just seems too depressing for words.

Am I misinformed?

~Anita

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Thanks for the advice everyone! I talked to the manager of the state liquor store in Wallingford. Yes, they take special orders, but if the product is not already available in another state store (see useful link in tighe's post) one is obligated to buy an entire case. I'm not quite that thirsty, so I think I'll try one of the internet outlets.

Chris