• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Paz, Mex.

Marina Chang

Not much in as far as memorable dining in La Paz but if you are going to be there you still have to eat. There are a number of pleasant cafes along the Malecon but they are mainly geared for the tourist traffic. You are better off going a few blocks inland for local places with better food and lower prices.

There are only 2 places that I can recall the names of. The first is Trattoria La Pazta for pretty decent Italian. It's on Allende next to the Hotel Meditrrane. For good street food, especially fresh fish tacos, try Tacos Hermanos Gonzalez on Mutualismo.

Though I can't think of the name, there is a great little coffee shop on Serdan where you can by hard to find beans, especially Cuban, to bring back with you. It's very popular so your hotel or a local should be able to direct you.

• 3 years later...

You might want to check the Baja Nomad web site. IIRC, the last time I was on it they had restaurant suggestions for all over Baja as well as forums where restaurants were discussed. La Paz was listed.

Edited by kalypso (log)