• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fantasy Food

JennyUptown

I wish smell of garlic didn't seep through the skin after eating it. 

And it would be pretty nice not smell "liquored up" after drinking.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!

my Signficant Other complains about a Certain Garlic Flavour during a Certain Intimate Act, if I so much as MINCE a Clove of Garlic earlier in the day.

That's too much information. :unsure:

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!

my Signficant Other complains about a Certain Garlic Flavour during a Certain Intimate Act, if I so much as MINCE a Clove of Garlic earlier in the day.

Have you tried feeding something containing garlic to the S.O. on the days you so much as mince garlic?

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I wish lobster bisque came out of my kitchen sink faucet

It does from mine but washing dishes has become SUCH a chore :laugh:

I do wish that there were a creme brulee ice cream - something that had the flavor and at least a good semblanc eof the texture and also had lots and lots of chunks of caramelized crispy burnt sugar topping strewn throughout. Now that I'm wishing I'll add that it should have no more than 4 grams of sugar and 2 grams of fat per 1/2 cup serving. Ben and/or Jerry - are you listening?

Artichokes with a zipper. Citrus that does not get you in the eye. Tomatoes that peel themselves. OOOOhhhh!!! Meat that stops cooking when it is perfectly done!

Milk that doesn't go bad.Egg whites that always whip up perfectly...

Edited by Mabelline (log)

Onions that didn't make my eyes tear.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Soylent Green

Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor. Telling them the obvious accomplishes nothing.

All fruit should be skinless, seedless, pitless and stemless. And about the size of a grape. And cube-shaped.

I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself. - Johnny Carson

tearless and sneezless onion would be nice

never mind the magic fridge, how about the magic microwave that you put a picture from a mag or book and "poof" when you open the door the actual food has replaced the picture.

I want a remote control vacuum cleaner

that winter tomato tree would be nice, i could plant it next to the winter peach tree.

Hm.

Still bacon.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you wishing for square fruit.

BTW... What's up with that? Two posts wishing for corners? :wacko:

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

For those of you wishing for square fruit.

BTW... What's up with that? Two posts wishing for corners? :wacko:

The square watermelon is a good first step. Now they just need to get it down to the size of a grape, with no rind or seeds. Then I'll be happy. :biggrin:

I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself. - Johnny Carson

A cut of pork, with layering like pork belly - but perfectly even layers of fat and lean, but in a big piece, with a more carving friendly bone structure (And no - rolled joints don't count!)

And the lambipede - cross between a lamb and a millipede, so everyone has about 50 shank sized little legs.

I love animals.

They are delicious.