• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fantasy Food

JennyUptown

If this is a repeat of a topic, feel free to smack me around, but I was just thinking, "I wish red wine didn't stain my teeth each time I indulge."

I have also wished for poppyseeds that don't stick in the spaces between teeth (hmm, notice a trend here?) and a bottomless container of tang. For those of you following the blog, I had to put that in there. :biggrin:

Others:

Bread that always stays fresh

Onions that don't give me heartburn

What are yours?

I wish smell of garlic didn't seep through the skin after eating it.

And it would be pretty nice not smell "liquored up" after drinking.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

I want to eat spaghetti with tomato sauce that does not splatter

and

Corn on the cob that does not get into your teeth

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

I think my fantasy is more of a device than a food--there are days when I want my fridge to work like the food dispensers on the Enterprise--so that when I'm feeling lazy I could just open it up and find a perfectly prepared saag paneer inside. Of course hot, even though it's in the fridge. That's the fantasy part, I guess. "What do I feel like eating tonight? Oh, that looks good! Thanks, magic fridge!"

"I think it's a matter of principle that one should always try to avoid eating one's friends."--Doctor Dolittle

blog: The Institute for Impure Science

I agree with Moopheaus, the magic fridge or oven would be my fantasy. Didn't they have something like that on the The Jetson's cartoon? Or maybe Rosie the robot made all the food. Anyhoo, this past pregnancy I craved fruit salad all the time and wished many times over that I could just open the fridge and a big bowl of it would be sitting there all ready made. Now I'm not lazy but making a good fruit salad is a pain in the ass especially when you're pregnant, starving, and cranky.

Melissa

Garlic that doesn't stick to the knife.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Thanks, magic fridge!

i also agree with Moopheus re: the Magic Fridge <tm>... :smile:

but in the absence of that, it'd be nice if a half-grapefruit, half-watermelon existed. all that sweet juice, the vitamin c, and the tanginess. mmm... :wub:

i am afraid however to give ideas to producers of Frankenfoods...

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

Raw onions that don't have the onion taste in your mouth the morning after.

Winter-bearing tomato trees

Winter-bearing sweet corn trees

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Raw onions that don't have the onion taste in your mouth the morning after.

Word.

Ok, I know you all won't agree with this and as much as I like to cook and eat sometimes I just want a pill that I can swallow that has a complete meal in it and leaves you satisfied and healthy. Like Willy Wonka had.

Bacon.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

I wish smell of garlic didn't seep through the skin after eating it.

And it would be pretty nice not smell "liquored up" after drinking.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!

my Signficant Other complains about a Certain Garlic Flavour during a Certain Intimate Act, if I so much as MINCE a Clove of Garlic earlier in the day.

Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor. Telling them the obvious accomplishes nothing.

a calorie free articifical sweetener that actually tasted like sugar.

I can't stand Nutrasweet, it dries me out totally.

Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor. Telling them the obvious accomplishes nothing.

I have also wished for poppyseeds that don't stick in the spaces between teeth

And popcorn that doesn't leave kernels wedged into your gums for DAYS...

I've had to entirely give up on popcorn because I spend more time trying to dig out that slightly-curved piece of shell that jams itself up above the gumline!