• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typos

Here's my jar.

jar.thumb.jpg.148faa8c6662dc3f2d6585629d8e39a3.jpg

This is my mother's baking book from when she married in the early 1950s. I now have it, but never use it. I'm not really much of a baker. But it's nice to have it. It is the oldest cookbook I possess, apart from reprints of ancient classics such as "Apicius" and The "Forme Of Cury".

bero.jpg.1fd9dd3e85f7cce2dbc71e7f48cbd459.jpg

Be-Ro was, and still is, the main flour brand in the UK. It was founded in 1875 by Thomas Bell who invented self-raising flour. Amazingly, the cookbook is still in print - now in its 41st edition.

First published in 1923, and now in its 41st edition, the "Be-Ro" recipe cook is arguably one of the best-selling cookery books ever, with more than thirty eight million copies having been sold.

http://www.be-ro.co.uk/#

liuzhou

liuzhou

Here's my jar.

jar.thumb.jpg.148faa8c6662dc3f2d6585629d8e39a3.jpg

This is my mother's baking book from when she married in the early 1950s. I now have it, but never use it. I'm not really much of a baker. But it's nice to have it. It is the oldest cookbook I possess, apart from reprints of ancient classics such as "Apicius" and The "Forme Of Cury".

bero.jpg.1fd9dd3e85f7cce2dbc71e7f48cbd459.jpg

Be-Ro was, and still is, the main flour brand in the UK. It was founded in 1875 by Thomas Bell who invented self-raising flour. Amazingly, the cookbok is still in print - now in it's 41st edition.

First published in 1923, and now in its 41st edition, the "Be-Ro" recipe cook is arguably one of the best-selling cookery books ever, with more than thirty eight million copies having been sold.

http://www.be-ro.co.uk/#