• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: Krutzler Blaufrankisch 2000 Burgenland, Austr

Carema

If you are a garrigue lover here is a wine for you! The barnyard is so omnipresent and deep, you might think you were a little pony, hoofing around in the sun baked dirt, neighing patiently in your pen. This Blaufrankisch (aka Limberger) reminds me of the delightful Cote du Rhone I drank in more youthful times, a wee bit clunky, a little bit lusty and just plain stinky. What ever happened to those CDRs you might have wondered? Well apparently they have moved to Austria and changed identity. Now where is my lamb stew?

$12.95/ Bottle

over it

If you are a garrigue lover here is a wine for you! The barnyard is so omnipresent and deep, you might think you were a little pony, hoofing around in the sun baked dirt, neighing patiently in your pen.  This Blaufrankisch (aka Limberger) reminds me of the delightful Cote du Rhone I drank in more youthful times, a wee bit clunky, a little bit lusty and just plain stinky. What ever happened to those CDRs you might have wondered? Well apparently they have moved to Austria and changed identity. Now where is my lamb stew?

$12.95/ Bottle

Ha ha...garrigue associated with blaufrankisch, funny! Maybe barnyard is more german-like... :wink: Carema, have you ever tried franconia from Friuli?

Alberto