• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stash Holiday Chai

laurenmilan

Tried out the Holiday Chai from the Stash Tea catalog, and it became addictive. Looks like it had a rather hesitant introduction... only sold in bags inside boxes of 20, in retail and the catalog.

This stuff is really strong and of a good quality, with rum and gingerbread flavors, and really goes well with traditional milk & honey (& some ginger biscotti!) I highly recommend picking up some from the catalog (it sold out in stores well before Xmas, which is something that Stash Xmas eve and Xmas day blends cannot boast.)

There's a lot of terrible chai out there, either powdered or boxed, and I really think this one's a great one to have around during the winter...

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org

Check out their clearance stuff at their site. They have some good deals right now. I am a fool for their double Bergamot Earl Grey. Has anyone tried Good Earth original ?

Thank you, just stocked up on Jasmine Tea (why is that so hard to find in stores) AND the closeout holiday chai. yum.

Not only is jasmine tea hard to find in stores, it usually tastes like gak! . I buy a loose jasmine from my local healthy-food co-op store. I wonder if we posted comments on Stash's web they might make the Holiday Chai available longer?

Oops- you're very welcome!

I normally stock up on their Double Bergamot Earl Grey and their Double Spice Chai, so I just took advantage of their clearance sale to get a good supply of their Holiday Chai as well.

I also wrote to Stash complimenting the tea, hopefully it will become a perennial favorite from all its popularity.

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org

Yogi Tea makes a great Chai. I like to make my own mix with a bit of orange. After I simmer it for a few hours the house smells great.

I think their Tahitian Vanilla is good too, if I'm recalling the right name.

Not only is jasmine tea hard to find in stores, it usually tastes like gak! . I buy a loose jasmine from my local healthy-food co-op store.

Oops- you're very welcome!

and thank you again, that Stash Jasmine Tea is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently has Stash Lemon Ginger. It was great! It was as if I went thru the drama of making it myself and tweaking porportions of lemon to ginger.

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.