• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What are we having for dessert?

Moopheus

Last night was a 2-layer dark moist chocolate cake filled and topped with whipped cream and strawberries.

That's funny, that's what I had for dessert last night too. You weren't also at the Seaport Hotel were you?

"I think it's a matter of principle that one should always try to avoid eating one's friends."--Doctor Dolittle

blog: The Institute for Impure Science

Last night was a 2-layer dark moist chocolate cake filled and topped with whipped cream and strawberries.

That's funny, that's what I had for dessert last night too. You weren't also at the Seaport Hotel were you?

No, I made this cake myself. Interesting that we were having the same dessert on the same night. Where's the Seaport Hotel? By the way, I see you're from Brooklyn - I was born there (too many years ago).

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

This weekend I had 6 for dinner and for dessert decided to do a take off on a dessert that I have done for a local egullet gathering at Christmas time. It was a Black Bottom Torte consisting of a moist, chocolate, buttermilk cake made with Mexican Chocolate and topped with a coconut and rum laced Bavarian cream.

Hey wasn't that one in Chocolatier magazine a few months back? I have it here somewhere, the photo of it was so magnificent, I would flash it at buddies to distract them. :wacko:

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org

No, I made this cake myself. Interesting that we were having the same dessert on the same night. Where's the Seaport Hotel?

In Boston, where I was for a wedding reception. The wedding cake was chocolate cake with whipped cream and strawberries.

"I think it's a matter of principle that one should always try to avoid eating one's friends."--Doctor Dolittle

blog: The Institute for Impure Science

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I admit I had wayyyy .  way too much, hence my name.  But a small bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, a small piece of the cheesecake, and a chocolate chip cookie.  Eek.

Oh honey, you ain't seen nothing. I'll admit, it's probably not the type of dessert that most of you are thinking of: half a watermelon (one of them big'uns) - keeps me cool during these hot summer months. :wacko:

See also: my signature line. :laugh:

Edited by ulterior epicure (log)

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

• 1 year later...

I was looking for a place to post this...

Its my namesake and its what Im eating later. Its Amish...

Glorified Rice

1 cup Cooked rice

1 sm can Pineapple chunks

1/2 sm jar Maraschino Cherries and a little of their juice

1 cup Mini Marshmallows

Eyeball this part

1/3rd cup whipped cream cheese mixed with

1/3rd cup whipped sweetened cream/cool whip

Mix together, chill and eat

Wawa Sizzli FTW!