• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Favorite Fast Food Sandwich

SobaAddict70

Let's see. For those hungover mornings McDonalds Sausage or Egg McMuffin with the hashbrown added to it.

I really do like Hardees $6 burger. On sourdough, with bacon, covered with grilled onions & two kinds of cheese. I try not to eat them very often, just looking at the fat/calorie values make me queasy.

I also like Checkers Double Cheesburgers & their fries are good too. They had a chicken sandwich at one time that wasn't half bad. I think it was a bacon ranch chicken sandwich.

Today is going to be one of those days.....

Or something else?

I remember the first time I had a Big Mac. I was 10 years old at the time. All that cheese, onions and Russian dressing and I thought I was going to hurl.

Now, it's one of my favorite McD's sandwiches when I go to McD's (which is not all that often these days). Big N Tasty burgers (hold the cheese) comes second. McGrill Chicken comes third.

Never been a fan of fried fish sandwiches -- even BK's sandwiches (which you can get any style by having it your way apparently).

Behind McDonald's, Arby's comes a close second with Burger King and Wendy's tied for third place.

So what are your top three places and top three sandwiches?

Ignore the raving foodie behind the curtain. :biggrin:

Soba

My all time favorite fast food sandwich has to be an original Chick-Fil-A sandwich,as tasty a chicken cutlet as there is, buttered roll, two pickles, a brillaint combination.

2nd Place goes to an Arby's Roast Beef with Horseradish Sauce

3rd place goes to a Wndy's Double Burger with cheese, god help my still beating heart.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Ah, that explains why I haven't seen a Hardees here out west. Do they have the exact same menu?

I haven't been to a Carl's Jr. for over a decade and Hardees in about a year, but I just looked on the Carl's website and the menu seems slightly larger than Hardees. I don't recall Hardees having baked potatoes or chili burgers; otherwise, the items just have different names (eg. Carl's sourdough bacon cheeseburger = Hardee's frisco burger). The smiley star logo is the same.

I am a Burger King fan all the way. I love their chicken sandwich...not the chicken whopper, the chicken sandwich...the LONG one... that is my favorite shit EVER... but you also cannot go wrong with a good ole whopper with heavy mayo...

"Make me some mignardises, &*%$@!" -Mateo

I have a friend who loved the 99 cent whopper w/ cheese but didn't want to pay the extra 35 cents for the cheese so he kept a package of Kraft singles in his glove compartment. Thanks to all the preservatives the things lasted weeks without refrigeration and he got cheap, tasty cheeseburgers.

I have a friend who loved the 99 cent whopper w/ cheese but didn't want to pay the extra 35 cents for the cheese so he kept a package of Kraft singles in his glove compartment. Thanks to all the preservatives the things lasted weeks without refrigeration and he got cheap, tasty cheeseburgers.

They get $0.69 here, $0.35 is cheep.

Living hard will take its toll...

Nessa, I second that opinion! :raz: I'm currently in Germany (and will be for another 2 months), and my bf and I have been to several local doner kebap joints. They are all incredibly cheap, considering how fresh all of the ingredients are. And, as a bonus, a lot of them do pretty decent little pizzas, too.

mmm falafel. :wub:

For prices: usually around 2 Euro for a HUGE serving of food.

I am SOOOOO jealous. Eat up! I've yet to find anything like it back here, regardless of where I go. :wacko:

1) In and Out Cheeseburger w/grilled onions

2) McDonald's Quarter Pounder w/Cheese (hold the pickles to have it made fresh; big difference)

3) Egg McMuffin

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

For all y'all that are Atkinsing (omg, did I just make the guy's name into a verb?), Backyard Burger is now doing a low-carb burger -- same ingredients, but the burger is wrapped in lettuce instead of being put in a bun. Like when you order an In-and-Out burger "protein style."

But that's not what I got at Backyard today -- I got the lemon butter chicken sandwich. Pretty good.

Still not as good as the chicken frisco from Steak N Shake, though. :raz:

I have a friend who loved the 99 cent whopper w/ cheese but didn't want to pay the extra 35 cents for the cheese so he kept a package of Kraft singles in his glove compartment.  Thanks to all the preservatives the things lasted weeks without refrigeration and he got cheap, tasty cheeseburgers.

:biggrin: I've heard of ketchup packets but NEVER cheese.

"What's that smell?" "Oh, it must be the cheese I have in the glove box."

-t

Many parts of a pine tree are edible.

I remember the first time I had a Big Mac.  I was 10 years old at the time.  All that cheese, onions and Russian dressing and I thought I was going to hurl.

Now, it's one of my favorite McD's sandwiches when I go to McD's (which is not all that often these days).  Big N Tasty burgers (hold the cheese) comes second.  McGrill Chicken comes third.

Is this a promotion all over the country, or just here in the Twin Cities? On my way to work in the morning this week, they have a McDonald's ad, and whatever the current temperature is at that time, you can a second Big Mac for that price. So on Tuesday, it was -2, so if you buy one Big Mac, you can the second one for 0 cents (and yes, they actually said 0 cents instead of free!). Today, you can get the second one for 16 cents... :raz:

Ahhh,, McD Sausage Biscuits.. yum. At one of the locations here, they have a Sausage Biscuit AND hashbrowns on the dollar menu. A buck. Wow. Too bad I'm broke alot. :laugh:

Whataburger, with cheese.

McD's Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit.

Anyone tried Sonic's breakfast sandwiches ? Any good.. ?

Marlene C.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is really late...

but the best fast food sandwiches have got to be Chick-Fil-A's Chicken Biscuits :wub: Think their chicken sandwich sans the pickle and replace the bun with a hot buttered biscuit. I could eat myself into a coma with those tasty pickle-juice-and-MSG-marinated lovelies. They need to serve those all day long. FYI, for those people that don't have stand-alone C-F-A's -- all the ones in the malls are open before the mall is to feed mall workers and usually the doors are open for non-mall people (try the doors closest to the food court to be safe).

I second the In-N-Out burger people. They're only good when they are extremely hot though. So only go when the drive-thru line is a mile long (not hard to find one).

And thanks for the memories of McDLTs and Chicken Littles! McD's just hasn't been the same to me since they changed the McDLT to the McLean and I haven't been to KFC since they disco'ed the Littles. I remember Checkers/Rally's being pretty good (the chicken sandwich and the seasoned fries), but I haven't been to one in ages. The best bacon/egg/cheese biscuit I had at McD's was during a "blizzard" driving through NC. I thought to myself, "leave it to the NC's to know how to cook a biscuit correctly, even frozen ones." They were slathered in tons of "butter."

Actually, I've pretty much weaned myself off fast food (before I was confident in my kitchen skills and never cooked, my husband would drag me to fast food entirely too much) and haven't really had any in 2 years. After reading this thread, I'm totally craving some :biggrin:

"I like butter and the people who like butter." -TA

Glad this thread got bumped!

1) Big Mac

2) Sausage biscuit/Sausage Egg McMuffin

3) Arby's Super (the one with the red French/Russian? dressing)

4) Checker's/Rally's burger

5) White Castle w/cheese

I've only had In-N-Out once, but it was damn tasty.

Never been a fan of fried fish sandwiches -- even BK's sandwiches (which you can get any style by having it your way apparently).

Mom used to take me to MacDonalds after I'd have my braces tightened and we used to have a "Filet O' Fish". This was in the 70's. I don't even know if they still make them anywhere now. They were pretty good, as I remember. Once a year I have to have a BK chicken sandwich--the one that's fried with globs of mayo on it. They used to taste better way back when, too. They had more pepper. That's my only fast food indulgence.

I also like Checkers Double Cheesburgers & their fries are good too.

I completely agree. Great hamburgers and incredibly good fries.

:smile:

Jamie

Yes, great fries too! There aren't anymore Checker's here in Chicago...I'm kind of bummed.

in-n-out burgers. they must have been sent from god. the #1 (double-double, fries, and soda) for approx. $5 is heavenly.

i second the bk chicken sandwiches. they were the first fast food chicken sandwiches where the chicken was actually kinda *gasp!* juicy! not dried out!!! plus, i never liked tomatoes on my sandwiches or burgers, and the bk chicken sandwiches don't come with tomato, which saves me the trouble of explaining to the cashier that i don't want tomato on my sandwich.

when i was a child, my mom would only get arby's roast beef sandwiches or McD fillet o' fish when we went for fast food. so that's what i grew up on. they will always hold a special place in my heart and kind of count as a fast food version of "comfort food" for me.