• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Axis Supper Club [PDX]

So, we are new to this corner of cyberspace. Axis Supper Club started last Summer in a backyard garden here in PDX. This Fall and Winter we have been cooking 5 course dinners at Shogren House, Pix Patisserie, and Park Kitchen. We also serve Brunch every Sunday from (9-1) at Pix Patisserie, which is open to the public.

We are looking to expand our email list, and egullet was mentioned as a place to do so. If there are any interested in joining our email list, please answer in kind. Or email us at jason@axissupperclub.com, or david@axissuperclub.com. Our next dinner is January 12th at Park Kitchen.

If anyone would like more info, just send an email. Thanks for letting us clog up the bandwidth...

Cheers,

ASC

I've been to 2 dinners, one in the back yard and one at the Shogren house and both were spectacular. These two guys can cook. Both dinners were 5 course affairs complete with cheese. They have a cheese guy (Steve Jones) who selects cheeses to compliment the main courses and who, in general, is a delight to talk to. A wealth of knowledge concerning all things cheese. The last dinner (at the Shogren) featured wines from Andrew Rich and Andrew himself was in attendence to give the scoop. All in all worth checking out.

Thanks for the kind words Mingus...

We (David-Ripe, Jason-Park Kitchen) plan the menus about a week ahead of the dinners and send them out to our email group. Because of the venues that we use the guests normally max out at around 25, although we have done up to 35.

All of the courses are plated except for the cheese course, which is served family style by Steve Jones of Ben Fatto Foods (a small local cheese distributor). For the five courses, the cost is $30. These are good sized plates too, fyi. We offer wine by the glass, and try and work with a winemaker at our events. At a place like Park Kitchen, however, we would work off of their wine list. Shogren House and Pix are great places to work with a winemaker. At our backyard gigs it is BYOW, no corkage.

I have menus available if anyone would like to see some of our food. I would say that our food tends to gravitate towards French and Italian philosophically. If there are any more questions, let us know.

Cheers,

Axis

Sign me up. I've got some friends on the Ripe list and occasionally get those forwarded my way by haven't made it to a dinner yet. I've been meaning to get to a Sunday brunch but usually settle for my pix fix on weeknights.

I'm sure that all of us E-Gulleters would love a menu posted just for kicks. Meanwhile, here's my email:

rlkinpdx@hotmail.com

Thanks,

rachaelLK