• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rockville, Maryland Restaurants

JennyUptown

• 1 month later...

There's a new gourmet pizza takeout in Wintergreen Plaza (where the McDonald's used to be) called 4Pizza. They sound interesting and I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet. In any case I will be sampling their wares sometime in the next few weeks and I will report back....

It's ZPizza. It's a chain - there's one in downtown Silver Spring too.

I am a little suspicious of a pizza joint that offers a "Moroccan" pizza with pesto, roasted eggplant, feta, and pine nuts. :hmmm: Plus something called "Berkley Soy Cheese Veggie."

Edited by hjshorter (log)

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

• 1 year later...

I only went back to 2005 but I don't think this place has been around more than a year:

La Limena

Ritchie Center

Terrific Peruvian food, a few Cuban dishes. Great quality, great prices. Very casual.

It is a pain in the neck to get into the Ritchie Center these days due to some road construction that seems to be taking forever. If you are coming from the north, you can turn directly into the parking lot. If you are coming from the south, you have to turn left onto Ritchie Parkway and search for an entrance into the shopping center. As I recall, you go to the first actual street, turn right, and then turn right again into the parking lot (where the 7-11 is).

I only went back to 2005 but I don't think this place has been around more than a year:

La Limena

Ritchie Center

La Limena is fine for what it is, but not exactly ideal for a business lunch especially with all the high school kids wandering in. There are a couple of places in the new town center by the library that would probably work better. Of course the names of the places are escaping me.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

• 4 months later...

I'll be in Rockville tonight and tomorrow night. Can anyone recommend somewhere to eat late? I'll be roaming the streets at 9:45/10:00pm. I'd like to avoid fast food if possible. What's the best place you know that's serving food until say 10:30pm? Suggestions gratefully received!