• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

sparkling wine

phlawless

I woke up this morning to a hellishly dirty house: hosted a New Years Eve potluck that turned rowdy...skittles is great fun with a crowd of sh*tfaced thirty-somethings(I won eight bucks!) with four bottles of 'champagne' barely touched, never mind the dozen that we did finish, never mind how my head feels...how long will they last in my fridge? Should I invite them all over again for mimosas?

"Godspeed all the bakers at dawn... may they all cut their thumbs and bleed into their buns til they melt away..."

I don't know what the longest is it would last, but I do know that left opened in the refridge, not covered, it is real fine the next day! We did the mimosa thing today with the bottle we opened at midnight.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.