• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ghirardelli chocolate syrup

alacarte

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Ghirardelli chocolate syrup? Not the powder, not the candies. The syrup. My favorite coffee shop uses it to make the most wonderful mochaccinos I've ever had...I need to get some of this for my own personal stash.

It's on the Ghirardelli website here, but says that it's only available to the trade.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

If Ghirardelli says it is only available to the trade, it is probably not packaged for retail sale (i.e., in gallon bottles or restaurant-sized cans marked "not for sale at retail") -- which would account for the reason none of us have ever seen it for sale in stores. Looks like you can get it online here, though.

--

(Boy I can hear the crickets chirping on this one.)

:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm considering buying the mega-gallon size, what the hell. Rachel, if you're coming the pie potluck & you're interested, I'll bring it (unopened) and we can split it there. There's plenty of room for a few other people to get "shares" in the Ghirardelli chocolate too.