• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lobster tails

porkpa

This New Years Eve i will be making lobster tails and fillet mignons for dinner.

Now heres the problem, I have never made lobster tail and everybody that i asked tonight at work about it told me to boil them and serve with drawn butter.

How do you prepare them? boiling and serving with drawn butter sounds kinda boring and routine.

I'd make a little lobster pie/casserole to go along w/the filets. Just chop the lobster meat into good sized chunks. If you have a pound of lobster, we use the following amounts, you can adjust accordingly.

1 pound lobster meat

1 stick butter

1 sleeve ritz crackers

lemon and sherry to taste

Melt half the butter and toss with the crumbs. Melt a tab of butter and toss with lobster in dish. put crumb mix on top, and mix ina bit w/lobster. Cut rest of butter into slivers and dot over the top. Give a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of sherry. Bake at 300 for about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with a little parsley.

This really complements the lobster and has so much flavor, rich and decadent. Goes very well w/filet. Have had this combo many, many times.

Enjoy!

:raz: Pam

Some how Lobster and Ritz crackers don't compute for me. Maybe that fake crab stuff. But not lobster. :sad::sad::shock::shock:

Then there are the reports from 19th century prisons in New England where revolts broke out because they were being fed lobster every night...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

This New Years Eve i will be making lobster tails and fillet mignons for dinner.

Now heres the problem, I have never made lobster tail and everybody that i asked tonight at work about it told me to boil them and serve with drawn butter.

How do you prepare them? boiling and serving with drawn butter sounds kinda boring and routine.

I'd make a little lobster pie/casserole to go along w/the filets. Just chop the lobster meat into good sized chunks. If you have a pound of lobster, we use the following amounts, you can adjust accordingly.

1 pound lobster meat

1 stick butter

1 sleeve ritz crackers

Melt half the butter and toss with the crumbs. Melt a tab of butter and toss with lobster in dish. put crumb mix on top, and mix ina bit w/lobster. Cut rest of butter into slivers and dot over the top. Give a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of sherry. Bake at 300 for about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with a little parsley.

This really complements the lobster and has so much flavor, rich and decadent. Goes very well w/filet. Have had this combo many, many times.

Enjoy!

Some how Lobster and Ritz crackers don't compute for me. Maybe that fake crab stuff. But not lobster. :sad::sad::shock::shock:

Don't knock it until you try it! This is how the majority of the seafood stuffings in my neck of the woods, Cape Cod, and Boston are made, and we only deal with Fresh Lobster, so we're extra picky. Oh, and we'd never bother with fake crab.

:cool: Pam

1 pound lobster meat

1 stick butter

1 sleeve ritz crackers

Enjoy!

Don't knock it until you try it! This is how the majority of the seafood stuffings in my neck of the woods, Cape Cod, and Boston are made, and we only deal with Fresh Lobster, so we're extra picky. Oh, and we'd never bother with fake crab.

I long for fresh lobster with a bottle of Long Island Chardonay at Montauk Point. But that's all, I long for there so I live here and have little Lobster, but we have crab.

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

1 pound lobster meat

1 stick butter

1 sleeve ritz crackers

Enjoy!

I long for fresh lobster with a bottle of Long Island Chardonay at Montauk Point. But that's all, I long for there so I live here and have little Lobster, but we have crab.

My brother lives out west, in Seattle, and I must admit, Dungeoness Crab is just as sweet and delicious as our lobster.

:) Pam

What's in Ritz crackers? What do they taste like?

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

1 pound lobster meat

1 stick butter

1 sleeve ritz crackers

Enjoy!

In college i made a stuffed lobster from Emeril's Show.. It was stuffed with butter, parsley and ritz crackers... It was really good.

They don't have these in Canada? They are very buttery, flakey, cripsy crackers which are lightly salted.

He don't mix meat and dairy,

He don't eat humble pie,

So sing a miserere

And hang the bastard high!

- Richard Wilbur and John LaTouche from Candide

They don't have these in Canada? They are very buttery, flakey, cripsy crackers which are lightly salted.

Of course we have Ritz crackers in Canada. I think Jinmyo is pulling someone's leg. :laugh:

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog