• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

M&Ms lose all color

tommy

As for the documentary thing, no.  It's a running joke I have with a guy I work with.  He was born in England, so I try to convince him that every English related film is a documentary.  So when I see a movie and ask him about it, it's prefaced with, "I saw this excellent documentary this weekend, it's called Snatch".  And so on.

Thanks, I wish I could do something like that, with a straight face.

It's amazing what I can do with a straight face.

I'll have to see if I still have some pictures at home from the time I, I mean someone else, moved his office into the bathroom.

Was anyone else totally unaware that C&TCF was written by R. Dahl. I wasn't, and I read it to my kids. Ah, the joys of parenting. Makes you lose your mind.

Eggshell & lvory :biggrin:

You forgot the best documentary of them all: a clockwork orange

Was anyone else totally unaware that C&TCF was written by R. Dahl.

You forgot the best documentary of them all: a clockwork orange

If you can forgive my ignorance, why is this significant? And you're right, I'm not sure how that documentary slipped my mind. Especially since we were disussing it last week.

Just heard an interesting piece of Willy Wonka & TCF trivia this week...the reason that the movie was named WW&TCF instead of Charlie and TCF is because of the (then) association with Charlie dropping bombs! They thought people wouldn't see the (ahem) DOCUMENTARY if the name Charlie was in the title. Pretty wild, huh?

And I must say that I just love the 'documentary' goof!!! Wish I had some English friends to try it on... :smile:

Edited by Curlz (log)

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Just heard an interesting piece of Willy Wonka & TCF trivia this week...the reason that the movie was named WW&TCF instead of Charlie and TCF is because of the (then) association with Charlie dropping bombs! They thought people wouldn't see the (ahem) DOCUMENTARY if the name Charlie was in the title. Pretty wild, huh?

And I must say that I just love the 'documentary' goof!!! Wish I had some English friends to try it on... :smile:

Interesting. Using a Chocolate factory as a cover to make bombs. Also, the documentary goofcan be used on anyone. Just try to convince them that the film protrays actual events. Like say, True Romance. Tell people it's a true story, they have to believe you. Or call you a liar. And most people won't do that. And for the few that will, make them prove that you are wrong.

Hasn't anyone been to an M&Ms Colorworks store?  You can mix your own batches from about two dozen different colors.

Never even heard of one. Where are they located?

There's an M&M store/Museum on the Las Vegas Strip, on the MGM side of the street (there's a Coca Cola store in the same "mall").

It does indeed have a wide spectrum of colors. Rumor has it the place is popular with brides-to-be who want to find M&M's that match their wedding colors to use as party favors for their receptions.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a couple of packages at Giant today. This was the third or fourth place I looked before I found them.

I happen to have an open bag of Valentine's Day colored lying around the house so I took a few pics.

Here are the black and white M&M's in a red bowl

i2204.jpg

Here are the Valentine's Day colored in a black bowl

i2203.jpg

And here they are side by side

i2202.jpg

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe