• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hanahreum Recon Needed

Fat Guy

Next person to visit Hanahreum, would you please get me prices on duck? In particular, I'm interested in whether I can get just duck legs and wings there. Like, a whole lot of them. But I'd like to know the prices on whole ducks too.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Yeah, its not common to Korean or Japanese cuisine.

Theres plenty of duck at the chinese market in river edge across from Fink's though.

I think Foodmart International has it too.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Okay, then let me expand the recon request: I need a lot of duck legs, cheap. Where can I get them and what's the exact price?

Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Theres plenty of duck at the chinese market in river edge across from Fink's though.

By Chinese Market, do you mean the Korean Supermarket that used to be Shop Rite? Or is there a Chinese market nearby?

Howard, how much is in a package, do you know?

By Chinese Market, do you mean the Korean Supermarket that used to be Shop Rite? Or is there a Chinese market nearby?

I mean the Chinese supermarket across the street from Fink's on Kinderkamack. I forgt the name, but its definitely Chinese not Korean.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

I personally would not buy any meat from the chinese market across the street from fink's-

the last time i went into the store the smell was awful-

i think they need to upgrade their sanitation procedures-it was so bad i almost called the health department-

Steve

I don't want to give you inaccurate information. I am thinking 12oz. I just weighed one on a very cheap scale, already cooked and it came in at 9oz.

Are we talking both legs and both thighs, or one leg and one thigh?

Eat them!

(Making cassoulet with duck confit for New Year's Eve, for a large group)

I personally would not buy any meat from the chinese market across the street from fink's-

i think they need to upgrade their sanitation procedures-it was so bad i almost called the health department-

You guys are just too picky, lol.

That's ironic... in Caldwell, there's a Shop Rite that used to be a Chinese restaurant. :blink:

I don't know if it's Korean or Chinese, they have a lot of Korean products in there, and a lot of Korean ad postings in the doorway on the way out-- regardless, you can only buy stuff in bottles or cans there, the place has been cited numerous times by the health department-- I think it was even shut down for a few days a while ago...

(Making cassoulet with duck confit for New Year's Eve, for a large group)

Wow, cassoulet-- lots of beans... They say they invented the recipe during the hundred-years war...

I had a delicious one in Carcassonne, France-- but after you eat it you are just about paralyzed from the tremendous quantities of beans, duck fat, and pork fat. It is tasty though. The locals there say they eat it 3 times a week!

(French paradox?) :rolleyes:

They don't have any duck legs at the Little Ferry Hanahreum because yesterday I bought all 18 of them.