• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Festivus

MHesse

Festivus is observed on 12/23. After erecting the pole, the airing of grievances, and the feats of strength, what Festivus dishes do you usually serve?

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

We'll be having scrambled duck eggs sprinkled with mung bean shoots. It is an old family tradition from my dad's side. I remember lots of arguments about exactly how many shoots needed to be on each portion, but it was all in good fun.

My mom's side of the family tended to be more elaborate--kind of a quiche thingie, with a little Velveeta cubed into the the eggs, and a cracker crust.

sparrowgrass

We do take-out BBQchicken, rent Schindler's List and make out like our plane is going down. Then we make coffee,and sit there like idiots, drinking it without so much as a slice of cake. Later on, we lie in bed, bug-eyed, and watch the glow from the chicken sign through the window..... :biggrin: SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jersey13 (log)

We go out for Chinese food, and then to a movie.

That's all you really can do, because down here, everything else is always closed.

Edited by Jaymes (log)

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.