• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Plantation" Rums?

khoiberg

I've seen a line of "Plantation" rums - they share common branding but come from different Caribbean locations e.g. Jamaica, Trinidad, etc. etc.

Does anyone know anything about this line of products? Are they worthwhile etc.? Opinions?

Thanks

Yes, these are all made by Gabriel and Andreu, the same guys who own Kaniche rum. They also own a few notable cognac and calvados houses.

http://www.gafrance.net/rum.html

The Jamaica 1983 one is good, I happen to own that one. I haven't tried the others.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the Kaniche Rum products seem to have dropped off the face of the earth or they have consolidated them into their Plantation brand.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host