• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

One dinner, one lunch

PaulaJK

We will have a brief stop in NO in late March.

Seeking an upscale venue for 'typical' NO cuisine...

then an entertainment destination. Morning coffee

at Cafe du Monde needs to be followed by an

interesting lunch. Is Emril's worth a dinner visit?

Have a look at the places that are covered in The Louisiana Forum.

I like Emeril's personally. The food is good to great and the service is pretty close to perfect (for me that is, unassuming, quiet, unpretentious, attentive). Contrary to what some people say here, I have never been dissappointed. Some nights were better than others, but never worse than very good and a couple of times pretty spectacular.

That being said, the "I only have one meal to eat and want to eat the right one" is a pretty tough question. My first question would be what do you mean by "upscale"? New Orleans is one of those places where upscale need not mean "fancy". For example, I would never describe one of my favorite places, Jacques Imo's on Oak St as upscale, but you can drop some money in there pretty quick. On the other hand, Brigstens (same neighborhood, 3 blocks away) is pretty upscale but a great meal can be had for a great price.

Look over the threads, pick a place or two that sounds interesting and post it back up here and there are tons of people who would be willing to help you with your choice.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Thanks. I thought that I was on the forum! Will explore in

next few days. Night is Thursday. The combo sought is

very good to exc. dinner w. very good service. Price not

issue..nor ambiance as long as it's not K Paul style!