• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Afternoon Tea

Randi

Does anyone know of a place in central NJ (preferably the Edison/Woodbridge area) that offers an "afternoon tea"? I tried searching online and found many in the Cape May area, but that's too far for us.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

There are three lovely tea stops on my wife's list that are in Central Jersey:

In Chester, NJ, Sally Lunns Tea Shoppe and Restaurant.

In Clinton, NJ, Veranda's

In Flemington, NJ, "Canterbury Corner" at 25 Tuxedo Junction in Flemington, NJ (908-788-8856). They have no web site.

Hope this helps!

Nutley Resident

-------------------------

Proud to be American

Proud to be a Nutley Township Resident

Randi

Skip Sally Lunn in Chester or in Princeton. Used to be great but the last two times I've been there this year it was appalling as well as over-priced. There seems to be a dearth of afternoon tea places in your area as in most of NJ. Canterbury in Flemington is not bad and you have the added advantage of fun shopping. Haven't been to Veranda but it's on my list to try.

Thanks so much to everyone for the great suggestions! I will report back once we try a few places.

I appreciate the replies!

Randi

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne