• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Online Gourmet Shop

Keith: Obviously you have been to this place. I love it, I find some of the staff to be a little full of themselves though. Between here, Cioffi's and Norman's or the Santa Barbra one can get just about everything they need. Well except for fish and wine.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

Keith: Obviously you have been to this place. I love it, I find some of the staff to be a little full of themselves though. Between here, Cioffi's and Norman's or the Santa Barbra one can get just about everything they need. Well except for fish and wine.

Where is Cioffi's?

The attitude of the staff at Gourmet Warehouse is a little...I dunno, something not good. And the longer I can go without seeing/hearing that shrill Caren McSherry the better. She needs to back off the caffeine in her diet. You can always find some cool stuff there though.

I like Galloways in Richmond, as it's A) Close to my office and B) 50% cheaper than Gourmet Warehouse with alot of the same stuff.

Cioffi's is right across from the old NBI in Burnaby. This place is the best for meat, sausage, pasta, bocconcini, olive oil, anchovies, balsamic, and even breads which are brought in from 4 or 5 bakerys. It just takes a couple of visits to get used to.

As for Caren McSherry, my wife and her almost duked it out once right in the store. She doesn't know much, and tries to cover it up with her upbeat attitude. I personally don't care for her, but believe it or not some people don't like me. I can't figure it out.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

I cannot imagine anyone not liking you Coop. And for the record, my money is on Mrs. Coop.

Shame sometimes what we must endure to achieve a balance in quality and price. As with most things in life, there is the triangle of Quality, Cost, Time. In the food industry I break it down to Quality, Cost, Service... Pick Two, because that is all you ever seem to get.

If you desire great service and quality, get ready to pay. I just returned from NYC with dinners at Babbo, Mix and Ducasse. The plastic in my wallet just achieved flashpoint!

"Expect nothing, be prepared for anything."