• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Casa Mono and Bar Jamón

Jason Perlow

thanks for the report -- it sounds like an interesting menu

The place is about as casual as a place can be--and it sounds like it will eventually be open very late--until 2 AM, which will make it perfect for cooks and chefs getting off work.

hmmm, the late schedule also sounds like a good way to improve the "buzz quotient"

Since this is within a 10 minutes walk from my house, I think I will go check it out this saturday.  Anyone wants to join me?

When are you thinking of going? Lunch, dinner? Do they even serve lunch? I'd love to go :smile: .

JJ Goode

Co-author of Serious Barbecue, which is in stores now!

www.jjgoode.com

"For those of you following along, JJ is one of these hummingbird-metabolism types. He weighs something like eleven pounds but he can eat more than me and Jason put together..." -Fat Guy

I'm on the phone with them now, they don't do lunch. So, Saturday night at 7:00-ish may be the best option. Anyone else in for it? Reservation is recommended, and they are currently rather flexible.

Ya-Roo Yang aka "Bond Girl"

The Adventures of Bond Girl

I don't ask for much, but whatever you do give me, make it of the highest quality.

7pm sounds good. The tripe and cock's combs are callin'! See anything you're dying to order Bond Girl?

JJ Goode

www.jjgoode.com

"For those of you following along, JJ is one of these hummingbird-metabolism types. He weighs something like eleven pounds but he can eat more than me and Jason put together..." -Fat Guy

Should we start a new topic to round up people whose food I can try, I mean, um, friends?

Soba? alacarte? bourdain(:smile:)?

JJ Goode

www.jjgoode.com

Should we start a new topic to round up people whose food I can try, I mean, um, friends?

JJ are you accusing me of hording my own food?!!! :shock: I do share.... :laugh:

I don't ask for much, but whatever you do give me, make it of the highest quality.

JJ are you accusing me of hording my own food?!!! :shock: I do share.... :laugh:

:laugh::laugh: Oops. I meant that you and I need more eating companions so we can both pick at their food! :smile:

JJ Goode

www.jjgoode.com

:laugh::laugh: Oops. I meant that you and I need more eating companions so we can both pick at their food! :smile:

True! Okay, Soba?!!! Alacarte?!!! :laugh:

Bond Girl and I are thinking about checking out Casa Mono on Saturday night. We can't order the entire menu by ourselves :smile: , so we need some companions. Anyone down?

JJ Goode

www.jjgoode.com

lauren wants to go:)

Ah! A friend! Great Lauren, I look forward to meeting you :smile:

Hey Bond Girl, how many did you make the reservation for, or did you not reserve yet?

JJ Goode

www.jjgoode.com

The place sounds interesting. If I were well, I'd probably want to go. Unfortunately, I'm not.

Still? :sad:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Looks like it's just us Bond Girl. What should we do -- wait another week for more companions or order the entire menu ourselves?

JJ Goode

www.jjgoode.com

Herbacidal why don't you come down and join us for the meal. I have an unused amtrak ticket from NYC to Phiilly that I can give you.

mighty generous of you, ya-roo, but i'm feeling a little sick.

i'm traveling as little as I can.

the 3 of you should have fun.

i'll take a raincheck on that ticket tho. :biggrin:

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.