• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

lucky me

pastramionrye

in the last few days i have tried some exquisite wines, a position i do not find myself in very often...but i felt like i would share it with you all:

a 1998 ( i believe) late harvest barbera d'asti, ai suma...very nice, bold, flavorful wine.

1995 Chevalier Montrachet...which believe it or not, i wasnt wowed with...very soft, and i cant imagine it being able to stand up to many food pairings...maybe past its prime? i dont know....

1988 Chateau Certan (Pomerol)...a great meat and potatoes wine...great flavors that evolved over the course of several hours.

and lastly...the coup de grace...

2000 Cheval Blanc (St. Emillion)...Beautiful, subtle, flavorful and i felt honored to have tried this wine...i only hope i will be able to try it in a few years....again....and a few years after that...and a few years after that.

Nothing quite like a meal with my beautiful wife.