• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Most overrated holiday food

fresco

I've had 2 truly exquisite fruitcakes (one with dark rum and fresh cherries, the other "golden" with light rum, macadamia nuts, pineapple, coconut AND coconut milk, and mango), and a few dozen ones I spit out.

The light one sounds incredible. Do you have the recipe?

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

I've had 2 truly exquisite fruitcakes (one with dark rum and fresh cherries, the other "golden" with light rum, macadamia nuts, pineapple, coconut AND coconut milk, and mango), and a few dozen ones I spit out.

The light one sounds incredible. Do you have the recipe?

I'll have to research it... it was from an early 1990s issue of Martha Stewart Living...

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org