• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Year's Eve

hjshorter

At this late date, your best chance for dinner at a top restaurant will probably be to wait until the 30th/31st. With all the flu going around, lots of kids, parents, babysitters and couples will be too sick to go out-creating lots of last-minute openings. Perhaps you can get on some waiting lists now?

As for us, we never go out on NY Eve. We will have a romantic dinner at home, and since we are old farts, we will have to struggle to stay up until midnight. :smile:

I'm heading to La Miche in Bethesda. Anyone know what I should expect? I've never been there.....and didn't make the selection. Sounds like they are doing a stripped down fix price menu though.

I'm glad someone else chose for me actually. I was torn between finding some place nice and/or higher end, or as others mentioned, staying away from the masses, and going out for a nice dinner a week or two later. For no real reason though, just to enjoy a nice night out.

• 3 weeks later...