• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great espresso coming to Brooklyn soon!

phaelon56

Gimme! Coffee of Ithaca NY ( two stores in Ithaca and one in nearby Trumansburg) is now in the process of making arrangments to open a location in Brooklyn. I have no affiliation with them but IMHO they are in the same league as places like Cafe Vivace, Hine Public Coffee or Zoka's (all in Seattle). These are some of the top end purveyors of espresso in the US.

At present I know none of the details but will try to post them here when I hear something. I do know that on occasion I drive an hour to reach to Ithaca with one of my sole motivations being to enjoy an excellent ristretto shot of espresso (which is good enough to drink straight with no sugar).

I had never visited their web site unitl getting wind of the expansion plans. There's not yet any info there on the new location but I was pleased to find that they have some of the best tutorials I've ever seen on espresso preparation, coffee brewing and frothing milk. All are pdf files for download and free distribution - worth checking out.

Gimme! Coffee