• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Charlie Trotter's Grilled Beef Teriyaki

NeroW

Hey dudes!

I am thinking of doing this as the hot appetizer requirement for my Garde Manger final in a few weeks.

Do you think it would be detrimental if I left the beef to marinate overnight?

EDIT: http://recipes.egullet.com/recipes/r543.ht...a57c0a4df90efc1

Edited by snowangel (log)

Noise is music. All else is food.

I've made something quite similar, and found that marinading for up to 24 hours or so came out really well. Don't add any additional salt, and don't place on skewers until you are ready to cook.

Kathy

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. - Harriet Van Horne

I've made something quite similar, and found that marinading for up to 24 hours or so came out really well. Don't add any additional salt, and don't place on skewers until you are ready to cook.

Dudes:

I was not planning on adding additional salt. That packaged teriyaki sauce in combination with the soy is saaaaalllll-taaaaaay!

So . . . you think the marinade as it is would be too salty for 24 hours? Even without the addition of extra salt, i.e., on the meat itself?

I'm also not going to grill them. This particular Chef frowns upon the grilling of skewered items.

I will not thread them until that morning.

Noise is music. All else is food.

what's up with a recipe from Charlie Trotter's using the "teriyaki" sauce in the recipe? Do they just buy that from the store like the rest of the US or don't they make their own? and if so, what would be the recipe?

Well don't just stand there......get some glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!