• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Metro Center Lunch

JennyUptown

Bump!

I finally got around to trying Port of Piraeus.  It was pretty good - would have been in the sold "good" realm had my Greek chicken sandwich not been dripping with tzaziki sauce.  If I order it again, I'll be sure and ask them to go light with the sauce.

If you frequent Port of Piraeus, what are your favorite items there?

I am a big fan of the Alsatian sandwich with butter (you have a choice of butter or mustard). Becuase it's such a simple sandwich, just ham and swiss, it's critial that all the ingredients be fresh - especially the crusty bread.

If you frequent Port of Piraeus, what are your favorite items there?

Definitely their Greek salad.

eta: Reeves is still going strong, and Five Guys has a new location in Chinatown (808 H Street).

Edited by edemuth (log)
Erin

Bump!

I finally got around to trying Port of Piraeus.

Do they have an additional location across and somewhat down the block from Galileo (Though it might be a block over...)? I think I might have been there once or twice when I lived in the dorm near there. It was pretty good! I'm asking because I'd go back if I knew there were a bounty of tzaziki to be had.

yes--21st street, between L and M (closer to M)