• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cocktails in the Triangle

polishjj

Hi everyone. I realize this is not the best topic for my first post, but I promise better posts will follow. I'm turning 21 on Thursday, and I'm looking for some suggestions on where to go for some of the best cocktails in the Triangle area. You're thoughts on the drinks at any bars or restaurants will be helpful.

Also, where is the best place to go for good deals on retail wine (specifically red italians and zinfandels)? Is Carolina Wine Co. #1 or are there others?

Thanks,

JJ

JJ-

Welcome to eGullet. First of all, get on Carolina Wine Company's email list. That's the only way to learn about their excellent specials. Plus, most of the wines CWC sells are unavailable elsewhere in the area. You could also check out Total Wine, simply because of the size of their inventory.

As far as the best places for cocktails, you don't want to go too far away from your base, which is Durham, right? Because I know nothing of the Durham nightlife, hopefully others will chime in. However, if you were to go to Raleigh, Five Star would be a good choice, as the Chinese restaurant becomes a happening nightclub as it gets later. Another great option would be the Vertigo. Damn, they have really cool cocktails. Bogart's makes all different kinds of martinis.

Good luck, and congrats!

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

However, if you were to go to Raleigh, Five Star would be a good choice, as the Chinese restaurant becomes a happening nightclub as it gets later. Another great option would be the Vertigo. Damn, they have really cool cocktails. Bogart's makes all different kinds of martinis.

Good luck, and congrats!

go to varmint's house, but stop at the liquor store on the way just in case.

this will be your first drink ever, right? :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...