• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

suggestions for dinner at Delmonicos

ellenesk

I have only been there twice since Emeril ravamped the place. I enjoyed it immensely each time. I believe his intention was take the traditions of a very old, family run, dining establishment and make the menu more interesting while keeping the "Old New Orleans" feel of the place. If those were his intentions, he has succeeded very nicely.

This link is to a review from the Times Picayune by Brett Anderson, Current Dining and Food Critic for the Picayune.

Delmonico Review

I hope you enjoy your meal and if you need any more help or info, there are lots of enthusiastic fans of the New Orleans dining scene on the boards that can help you out.

You also might find some interesting information in the threads on the Louisiana Board. As you will see, people generally aren't very shy about voicing an opinion about one of America's most interesting cities or the dining opportunities that are presented in New Orleans

Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

Louisiana Threads Here

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Make sure that you check out the Loire Valley and German white sections of the wine list. Great buys there and excellent with the fish preparations. Go for any dish with crab and, if the steak tartare isn't on the menu, ask for it.