• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

GOP to use Cruise Ship for NYC Convention

JosephB

I trust none of you will be making complaints about not being able to get a reservation in a restaurant next summer or about the streets being crowded.

I plan on making a conscious effort to be out of town that week.

come down to philly. i love hanging wit visitors.

read: visitors NOT tourists.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

The House majority leader, Tom DeLay, plans to use the luxury cruise liner Norwegian Dawn as a floating entertainment center for Republican members of Congress and their guests at the upcoming GOP convention in New York city.

Now what kind of entertainment did our former mayor try to ban from NYC :raz: Now what kind of entertainment is only available in joisey :raz:

you be the judge !!!!!!! :laugh:

anil

I trust none of you will be making complaints about not being able to get a reservation in a restaurant next summer or about the streets being crowded.

You must not live in New York City. Complaining is as natural as cursing here. That is why the food is so good--we don't eat crap.

Now I haven't lived in New York for several years, but it can't have changed THAT much.

You won't be complaining about reservations -- nobody who's ANYBODY will be in New York City in August! That's what G-d made The Hamptons -- and Fire Island -- for!

But I'm still glad they cancelled the boat. Bad idea. All Hail the Powerful Bourdain!

Aidan

"Ess! Ess! It's a mitzvah!"

You won't be complaining about reservations -- nobody who's ANYBODY will be in New York City in August! That's what G-d made The Hamptons -- and Fire Island -- for!

Good point. The convention is the week before Labor Day. None of us natives will be around. We'll be elsewhere.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs