• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

On 5/20/2021 at 10:54 AM, Eatmywords said:

We had a bourbon bar by us that covid killed.  Sadly, the couple times I visited I wasn't as interested in bourbon. 

A couple of my local stores offer Pappy (not sure the releases) in the $500 range.  Not happening anytime soon and just crazy to me in general. Plenty of great stuff well under $100.  

I've been meaning to sample ER and Larceny. Both get much praise.  Oddly Eagle sells for much more the MSRP by me so I might wait to find it at a reasonable price. thx 

Good you passed on the Pappy at that price.  It’s good but so is  Weller or Old Weller Antique for a fraction of the price

ER is good but don’t over spend above MSRP.  I hate to see retailers gouge or hide product behind the counter 

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

On 5/20/2021 at 10:54 AM, Eatmywords said:

We had a bourbon bar by us that covid killed.  Sadly, the couple times I visited I wasn't as interested in bourbon. 

A couple of my local stores offer Pappy (not sure the releases) in the $500 range.  Not happening anytime soon and just crazy to me in general. Plenty of great stuff well under $100.  

I've been meaning to sample ER and Larceny. Both get much praise.  Oddly Eagle sells for much more the MSRP by me so I might wait to find it at a reasonable price. thx 

Good you passed on the Pappy at that price.  It’s good but so is Old Weller or Old Weller  Antique for a fraction of the price

ER is good but don’t over spend above MSRP.  I hate to see retailers gouge or hide product behind the counter